Thursday, March 3, 2016

Crocheted Lacy Cowl

Many of you will know from my IG account that my SIL got her hands on some donated yarn and I started making 1898 Hats. I will be donating all the items I make to Sew on Fire Ministries, you can follow the link to find out more if you are interested.
After making 8 of the hats I needed to make something else. I still may make more, its a great pattern, but I needed to take a break. So I started making some cowls. This first one is made by making 3 strips with double crochets and braiding them and sewing the ends together to join in a round. I made this one a single, but if you wanted to be able to loop it just make your lengths longer.

Then I started improvising and came you with this lovely lacy pattern. I am working on writing it up right now into a pattern. I love how it turned out and have had a few people inquire about a pattern over on IG. So will post soon!! You can find the pattern here in my Craftsy Pattern Shop

Lacy Cowl


Have a great week everyone!!



March block will be posted next Friday, March 11th.




2 comments:

  1. Waiting for the pattern. Love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cowl looks great. Kudos on making more hats. I haven't had time to attempt it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.