Friday, January 22, 2016

Double Duty Day---And a way to Give Back

Pillow Case


I had come across this dress idea a few years ago 
and was glad to find it again to add it to a DDD post. 
What a cute simple little dress or top, and even better,  a chance to be able to give back a little.

Who thinks of these ideas? To turn an item we use everyday into a sweet little dress ....
and there are so many other ideas too, but first the dress. 

 Here are some of the versions and patterns I found when I Googled:

 Each Picture is a link to it's pattern or tutorial......







PDF Pattern from Nancy's Notions Little dresses for Africa











Other Pillow Case Ideas:

Skirt

Garment Bag

Shorts

YouTube Video


Have fun....
I'm sure you can find even more great ideas....

Oh and a FYI......


Click on image to find out all the details and mark your calendar!!

4 comments:

  1. I remember making sundresses, with a pattern similar to your first one, but out of sewing fabric. So easy. and so many years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! These are some fabulous ideas and great ways to help others! My mom has made over 900 dresses that have been sent overseas. Such a worthy cause. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.