Saturday, January 16, 2016

Another Q1 Finish in the 2016 Finish Along



I finished the first bag in the 2016 Bag of the Month Club!! My second bag finish of the year, I am on a roll for sure.....

The January Backgammon Bag was designed by Betz White

Tab and a twist lock over the main bag opening, adjustable strap
both outside slip side pockets have magnetic closures
One inside zippered pocket


 I want to add some insider information here, lol! Sometimes things go exactly as planned, and other times things go a little off track.....I chose to make my pockets out of a different fabric instead of using the main bag fabric; the backgammon wedges in the print fabrics were suppose to end up on the bottom, so the linen would be a buffer between all the patterned fabrics, but I cut my first pocket out upside down.....so I just went with it, lol! Then the lock tab was suppose to be linen and the clock print for the lining, until I glued the lock on the wrong way.... :0
All this to say.....it all worked out, I still love it.....sometimes we just have to except things as they are.... beautiful can happen many different ways....
And the bag is carrying around some secret appliqué, which I will show you in a little while when I can....



Not on my list but I thought I would share: 3rd Bag
I just finished testing a lunch bag pattern for Emmaline Bags called The Luxi-Lunch Bag, pattern coming soon.....it uses the new B size internal wire frames...
This bag has a lot of room, if you can't pack enough food to keep you from being hungry....you must be really hungry...lol











2016 FAL






5 comments:

  1. You're moving along quite quickly with your projects. I really like that lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag inspiration today!!! I've been drooling over your Backgammon bag while you've been working on it - very striking design and you've used lovely fabrics. I would never have known the strips are upside down LOL!!! And the new Emmaline bag looks like a potential nice-sized quilting bag :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Backgammon bag looks like you planned it that way and it is fabulous!! The lunch bag is cool too!! I don't make 3-D anything, but you are tempting me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both bags! My husband and I got to know each other in university over many, many games of backgammon. The lunch bag looks huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that it is upside down but I too love it that way! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.