Thursday, November 12, 2015

Double Duty Days...a day late



I've been thinking about this post for awhile now, but have been so busy I haven't had anytime to impliment it! The thought behind the bi-monthly post is items that are designed for one purpose can be used for something, or reused in a different way...kind of like the One Block Wonders is one block with multiple pattern layout options.

The first item I thought of was the Cookbook stand, that's really what got me thinking about adding this idea to my blog. I loved the idea of re-inventing the use of an item meant for a different purpose, and now I have seen a number of people posting about things they have re-purposed too.

I'm cheating for this post and showing some of the items I have posted about before, but I figured they were worth seeing again!


Kitchen Cookbook holder works great to hold a quilting/sewing pattern book while you are sewing, up and open while you sew, no hands needed here!!

It's also great if you just have a sheet you want to follow! Using Wonder Clips!! Yet another way to use these amazing items!!


13" square Scrapbooking totes work great as storage for your WIPs. Especially the clear ones you can see right into!! I bought mine at Michael's.



 And embroidery floss containers hold certain sizes of hexes. These are 3/4" hexes

If you have an idea, let me know and I'll share it here or link up with your blog to get the word out. It is so fun to share creative ideas and inspiration with each other!!

Enjoy your day....



3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I bought some 'mini laundry baskets' at Walmart - they come in two sizes and are stackable. I especially love your cookbook holder and scrapbooking totes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have six of the embroidery floss containers that I no longer use. Hope they will hold the 1" hexies! If not I'll find another use. Thanks for the ideas. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started using a fishing guide's tackle box (it's considerably larger than a regular tackle box) when I moved to Germany and needed storage for my notions. The non-removable drawers hold things like my marking pens and other small tools. One of the pull-out drawers hold all of my buttons sorted by color; the other, all the "stuff" that came with my sewing machines, including specialty feet and needle packs. The big center area is perfect for scissors, rotary cutters, cleaning utensils. Everything is in it's only little spot and organized. But what I really like is that I can take it to classes and retreats and basically have all my sewing essentials at my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.