Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Morning Bliss List

Yeah, I like that a lot! It is bliss, for me anyway. I like to be organized, I like lists, i love being in my "UpStairsHobbyRoom", so a Sunday Morning Bliss List  seems like the right name!!. Not to mention there is something so good and right about Sunday in general. It is a day of rest and reflection. A day I usually start off at church. A day we usually spend with family and friends. A day before the hectic week starts all over again. So what better name or time to just set up your week for happiness....to set a goal....to stay on task.....or at least try, because let's face facts, life happens..... :)

Like last weeks list that was a repeat of the previous weeks list, with only one item checked off. Did I let that get me down....nope, I just copied and pasted, insert goofy grin, for another week.



Last Sunday my list looked like this:
  1. Finish all prep for the BOM
  2. Test a paper piece pattern for Diane, From Blank Pages....this pattern is amazing
  3. complete another row of  "Around the Block"  paper pieced pattern (formally Gridlock)
  4. Complete the Flying Geese


So was the first item on my list realistic, nope! 12 months of blocks are not going to happen overnight, but I did get October done!!!! The tutorial is written and waiting to go up on the 2nd of October. I still may have some tweaking to do, but it is ready!!!!
I did get more Around the Block blocks done and all the geese are made and coming together in blocks!!! So it took two weeks, but who cares, it's done!! 

So what's your bliss....
If lists stress you out, don't do lists. This should be fun, bliss if you will, and one of the best quilty sayings I've heard is "Done is better than perfect"!!!!!! So whatever way works for you... lists, no lists.....just enjoy the making!! I like to say, "enjoy the journey as much as the destination" because sometimes the journey is what it's all about and the destination is just the icing!!



  1. Finish all prep for the BOM
  2. Test a paper piece pattern for Diane, From Blank Pages....this pattern is amazing
  3. complete another row of  "Around the Block"  paper pieced pattern (formally Gridlock)
  4. Complete the Flying Geese



So that list completed, I am ready to start again!

And as you may have guessed I've been playing around with a sketch app. All I've been doing lately is secret sewing, so I really don't have much I can share, so I wanted some images to break up all my talk-typing. Lol, hope it helps!!

My Bliss List:
  1. Complete another month in the One Block Wonders BOM
  2. Sew another row of blocks for the Around the Block quilt top!! 12 left.
  3. Continue sewing Geese blocks together. 29 left
  4. Finish my Dog Gone Cute projects
Have a great week everyone! Find your bliss, and don't forget to share it with the people around you!!




1 comment:

  1. I love lists, too. Not only do they help provide some direction over a period of time, but there is nothing like ticking off the checkboxes for a sense of accomplishment! I've been keeping my quilting lists in Trello for the last couple of years to help keep me organized and focused - and I'm looking forward to adding a board in October that is titled One Block Wonders BOM! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.