Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Double Duty Day

Double Duty Items

I was struggling the other week when I was trying to follow a pattern while I was sewing. The book kept following over and shutting, it was driving me nuts. I was trying to think of a way to have the book sit and be readable, when I remembered something I had purchased on sale and put in my gift closet. (Yes, I have a gift closet. Just part of my cloths closet, but I buy things when I find a sale to keep for baby showers, and bridal showers....and some of the things I sew end up in there till I gift them :)
Anyway I had bought a cookbook holder, thinking it would make a great shower gift and forgotten all about it....but Double Duty.....It works great behind my sewing machine to keep my pattern books open and visible. I can also put my iPad or iPhone on it too.
Looks like I'll need to keep my eyes open for another one for the gift closet, this ones mine! lol

CookBook Holder

ScrapBooking Paper Holder
 I use these to sort and hold my WIPs. I work on more than one project at a time, so these are amazing at keeping me organized!!

What I've Been Up To:

I shared on Monday about the Emmaline Bags Retreat Bag pattern, and was contacted by Vicki about the variation that Clover&Violet came up with adding a divider to the original pattern!! I love how the quilting community shares and gives!!! So of course I had to check it out, and try this version!!

This is before the frame went in! I love it just like this too! The size is great and the shape is lovely!!

 But adding the wire frame just makes it so much easier to get things in and out!! It gives the top of the bag a firm shape, holding the top open.
Don't forget there is a discount code for the Internal Wire Frames from Emmaline Bags in the pages tabs above, if you want to try this amazing pouch yourself.
 Some Emmaline Bling!!! love these pulls!! What can I say, I'm a Canadian girl!!
 An addition to the Poolside Tote I made a little while ago!!
One Christmas Present completed!!

And a little more progress on my Diamond Grid (working name)

I have another question for you too!! 

Well a repeat of the previous question: How many would be interested in a series of One Block patterns for minis/quilts? Starting in October? I have heard from a few and all positive so far, 
thank you!!! 
The set up: The pattern above would be included in the series, but because of the size I made it (10") and the way I grouped the paper pieced areas, this prints on 2 legal sized pages per block and needs to be taped together. 
The Question:Would you prefer a smaller block and/or change the grouping if I can so there would be no taping of pattern pieces, but you would have to sew more units together.?? The above is three units per block. 



9 comments:

  1. I love that quilt above. I would love to join in on your quilt in october. 10" makes a nicer size quilt but either way would be find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bags! I couldn't resist going over and getting the pattern and wires to make a few of my own - they will make wonderful gifts. Thanks for sharing and for the discount :*) Your one-block series sounds like fun! I probably wouldn't be able to join in with each one, but I will certainly play along when I can. I like smaller blocks, so making it smaller with less taping would get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute gift set , matching the Poolside Tote with a coordinated Retreat Bag pouch! Thanks for the links!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pouch. I use so many pouches and the ideas of having an added wirre frame for stability and the internal divider are just genius. I will defintiely have to look into making some of these myself. Loving your Diamond Grid. It's really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! Any size works for me, I just love that quilt!!! OK, that's a lie, I don't want to work that block in a 2" block, but the sizes you mentioned, that works for me! Love your bags...am I on your Christmas list??? :) I love the boxes you use for projects - I have about 6 of them and they are always in use! Drat, I had one of those recipe book holders and my daughter took it with her to Hawaii!! Never thought of using it in my quilting room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your sewing room storage and book holder ideas, Sandy. And those bags are both gorgeous! Love the addition of that wire frame and divider.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any size will work for me. Love your bags and this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the diamond grid just the way it is, I don't mind taping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just ordered the emmaline Retreat Bag and the pieces that allow it to stay open. excited to try them out. plan on making 4 bags as gifts. loved your bag thanks for posting it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.