Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh I Just Couldn't Help Myself.....


Quick little post...a confession

I vowed I would do no new sewing projects, except for a few commitments until my WIP list was completed......Right ......I got sucked in by its cuteness....and in my defensive it is a Sew Along so it's not a year long commitment....that makes a difference, right?
I may have to quit social media if I truly want to stop new sewing projects, because there are just so many good options out there. I keep stopping myself from signing up for a mini swap, and I am not even looking at any BOM, because they are my weakness....lol....but I am committed to this. Fabric is cut, pattern is printed....and what is the cuteness I couldn't resist you maybe asking......

The "Elephant Parade" over at Sew Fresh Quilts

Can you understand how I couldn't resist this!!!

Head over  to Sew Fresh Quilts and check it out,  and if you can't resist either, grab the widget for your blog's sidebar and all the fabric requirements and cutting instructions. Lets all have fun making this adorable quilt.



On the plus side, I am using 100% of my stash so far for the top and sashing!! So I am doing great for my other commitment to Sew My Stash 2015!!!

And I finished my #SewMyStashChallenge1 Hearts






4 comments:

  1. I love the quilt! I have not joined in on BOM projects this year because I am so far behind and have many projects to complete. This is really tempting me. I will have to go take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble resisting this one, too. It's sooo cute! And I do love elephants...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud when I scrolled down and saw Elephants on Parade. Like you I have vowed to work on UFO's and to sew from my stash. Like you I have been trying very hard to resist this quilt along....Aaargh! I can feel myself sliding down every farther..... help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I could not resist Lorna's Elephant Parade either Sandy. I'm doing mine in Peppered Cottons... I needed to make another baby quilt anyway. So... see you soon then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.