Sunday, January 5, 2014

#41 2013 in review and my Quilting Goals for 2014!!

2013

8 Finishes

















Along with an exhausting list of other projects....that even amazed me when I started to write down everything I made this year!!! I've had so much fun.....

Sewing List                  
3 chalkboard table runners
2 portable chalkboards
13 place mats
7 coaster sets
2 casserole carriers
1 Christmas Stocking
3 Wallets
3 Fall table runners
2 Lunch bags

Knitting/Crocheting List
6 Cowls
1 Pair of socks
4 Pairs of mittens
3 Pairs of fingerless gloves
8 Market Bags
7 Sets of Baskets

And all of this is great, but this is the list that haunts me......My WIPs


 5 Tops done that need to be finished:




 5 Sets of QAL/BOM that need to be put together and finished:






Last Block done in April 2014


and 100 City Sampler Blocks (not all pictured)


 All this said to get to this:

Goals for 2014

Simply to complete every project I have started in 2013, and learn how to use EQ7! 

I have even put a limit on the BOM/clubs that I can join! (3) I'm there already!! lol

And I joined "A Lovely Year of Finishes" to hopefully keep me on track to complete all the WIPs!



So it looks like 2014 will be a Lovely Year for Finishes and the beginning, I hope, of my own creative side blooming!!

Oh I almost forgot, I'll be back Friday with my Post for the Wake Up with Kona Blog Hop!!
I have a couple of great sponsor prizes up for grabs so don't miss out!!

Late Addition!!

What I've Been Up to:













6 comments:

  1. Wow! The number of block of the month clubs that you participated in last year was impressive; I bet it will be so rewarding for you to see those blocks turn into finished quilts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa... So much done this year! Good for you! I limited myself to two BOM/QAL's this year... BUT, I just bought Vintage Quilt Revival and noticed Sukie doing a QAL for it and am sorely tempted to add a third. (Heck, I might as well just do it, rather than annoying myself with going back and forth with the "should I/shouldn't I?" question).

    Wonderful goals for 2014! I hope you'll post on your EQ7 learning progress. I really would like to get that software eventually. Happy Sewing...you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is amazing! I am glad that you linked up with Quietplay!
    bye bye
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy your 2013 finishes are some of the most beautiful quilts I've seen....and the backs are just as pretty as the fronts! I can't wait to see what you have for us on the Kona hop! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to publish my 2013 in review blog post. What an excellent idea to also add 2014 resolutions. I love all of your color combinations. You certainly have the eye of a designer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.