Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#28 Fall....ing Behind!!

It's fall here in Canada, my favourite season....all the colours are so amazing!! I love those crisp days when the sun is out and I love to snuggling up with a hot drink and a good book (and now I can add a quilt!!) I love the way the leaves fall in the breeze and the way things smell!!! It just makes me smile!


And there are still flowers!!














Better late than never, though truth be told I hate being late!! I would rather be 15 to 20 minutes early!! There is a lot going on right now...  my daughter is getting married in approximately 4 weeks! We hosted a meet the family and friends event on Saturday, and I finally got around to shopping for an outfit, Monday morning (don't really like to shop) and got really lucky and found a dress I really like in the first shop I went to. Went on line ordered 3 pairs of shoes (not keeping them all, just options!! lol) So got that off my to do list, hip hip hurrah!!

So back to......


 What I've been up to this Week:

 Made 3 Halloween table runners! 2 gifts, one for me!!
               
Followed this tutorial I found online and made a handled basket for treats!!





Finished the last block of the Virtual Quilting Bee at Live a Colorful Life and she liked my block enough to post it on her blog!! How cool is that!!


Sugar Block Club October's Block:  Love how this one turned out.



 Started to applique the numbers on my Count Down to Christmas , and it was just one of those days!! Was half way through cutting the wonder under numbers out when I realized I was going to be cutting them out again in the fabric and only needed to rough cut them at this stage! And than proceeded to iron them all on the right side of my fabric instead of the backside!! What was I thinking???
Oh well, all fixed and starting to sew them down.




(late addition!!) I forgot to add my City Sampler Blocks




Last but not least I started a new project (because I don't have enough to keep me busy, lol)  for Quiet Play, another pattern test!! This one is called WinterBound! I am testing a full pattern this time not just the block!!   These blocks go together so fast, (I completed 6 in forty minutes today...that is just sewing time, I precut rectangles of the white and colour) and it is such a great pattern. Just click on the link above to see the quilt on Kristy's Blog!


2 of 6 colours completed!
(Hey, Kelly if you are reading this post...this is a prime example of over buying fabric!! hehe!! bought for  Bloom Bloom Pow QAL and I have so much left over I am making this quilt top and will still have some left!! lol)




28 comments:

  1. Whoa... Definitely busy, busy, PLUS an upcoming wedding?!! Wow! I love being able to find the outfit I'm looking for right away... Congrats on that count!

    I love the Halloween table runners. And the batik runner is gorgeous! Sounds like a rough start to the numbers, but glad all seems to be going well now! Your Sugar Block Club block is great!! Love that fussy cut tree too. That really stands out!

    The more I see of what you make with your Pearl Bracelets fabric, the more I want to go buy a FQ bundle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine!! ya I'm not a shopper so I was really happy about that too!! And the shoes I've ordered arrive today,so I hope one of the pairs work!!
      The table runners are really Fall (the batik side) with a halloween back, lol! But the halloween print is so cute!
      The moment I saw the string of pearls fabric I had to buy it!! I usually buy fabric I like, but that is on sale, because I buy too much, but sometimes I just have to have a fabric and don't want to risk it selling out. The String of Pearls and Simply Colour, and Flatts lines were ones I bought right away!!

      How was your ride the other day? Hope you had a great time!! I forget what area you are in? Do you get fall colours? That would have made the scenery super beautiful!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, a fantastic collection of projects. Love your VQB monochrome blocks--I'm way behind on mine. Thanks for the link to the fabric basket, I need to make one for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, fellow Canadian!!! Thanks for stopping by!! I was happy with the way the VQB blocks turned out too, my first quilt with solids!!!
      The basket was easy, so hopefully you will be able to get one done! And the nice thing is she shows how to alter the size, so you can customize!!

      Delete
  3. Love the runners! So jealous you are done with the VQB blocks. How cool she shared yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! That was my first disappearing 9 patch. It was a good choice for this project and it goes together very quickly!! I love how they turned out too!!
      I stayed right on top of the VQB, but it will probably be the new year before it gets put together though. Too many other things need to get done first!!

      Delete
  4. You've been very busy. Great projects there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ava, i'm 2 years into quilting and having a great time learning and trying everything I can get my hands on!! And the internet is full of QAL and projects, I'm on overload!!! lol

      Delete
  5. I need a breather...how do you accomplish so much in a week? Love your Halloween projects. The baskets are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work part time from home, and my kids are grown and out of the house (most of the time) so I have a lot of time on my hands!!! Quilting is a great way to keep busy and give back!! I am having so much fun, 2 yrs in and going strong!!

      Delete
  6. Wow you have been so productive! I adore the runners :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne! The Halloween side is disappearing 9 patch, and than I just cut strips 2 different sizes and in fall coloured batiks for the Fall side. I was really happy with them too!

      Delete
  7. Ooh so much loveliness! I'm impressed at how much you've managed with your daughter's wedding coming up soon too!!

    Can't wait to see how your version of Winterbound turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristy!!
      Truthfully, it is a small family wedding and Amanda and her finance and friends are doing most of the work!!
      I should be putting the Winterbound together today, so I will post pictures soon.

      Delete
  8. Love your work! Can't wait to see how Winterbound turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena...I am having so much fun with all the different projects!!

      Delete
  9. Wow! You are very productive! And I love the variety of colors in your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ratama! I love doing different projects with lots of variation, just to learn and keep it all fresh!!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Vera, you are so sweet! I am having so much fun learning!!! Quilting is so varied and interesting and there is always an exciting new thing to learn!

      Delete
  11. WOW! fantastic blocks galore, and I love the table runners and basket. You've been busy!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly!! You probably just skimmed through the pictures you have so many things to do, but I made a reference and link to your blog post about too much fabric this week, guess you missed it!! I thought I was being so cute...lol
      Hope you have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  12. How pretty ALL of your work is! Love those Winterbound blocks!! So great in those fabrics!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie!! I have so much fun quilting!! And I really liked the Winterbound paper pieced pattern too, and it is always great when thing turn out better than you thought they would!!
      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  13. Oh my where have you been all my life! Hehehe! Actually I came over from another blog and am thrilled. I loved the tree block. I've never seen that fabric before. I so understand the whole wonder under issues and ironing to the wrong side. In fact I had to go back and check to see if you were actually me!! Love your post! I'll be checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette! Thanks for stopping and glad to hear you will be back!! I laughed out loud reading your comments, glad to know I am not alone!!

      Delete
  14. Once again- so amazed at how much you get done! Just how much coffee do you drink, anyway??? ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink that much coffee, 3-4 a week maybe! More tea! I just have so much fun in the hobbyroom!! lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.